Tim is a keen ambassador for choral music and tradition and has been running singing events, workshops and tours for over 20 years, both under his own banner and with his own choirs and also with HF Holidays. During this time, Tim has built up a reputation for providing singers with a rewarding, educational and memorable experience singing fine music in fine venues throughout the UK, Europe and America. This has led to consistent repeat bookings and excellent reviews such as:
‘It was a super weekend with good company and some new choral works to get our teeth into. Thoroughly enjoyed it!’
‘It was a lovely weekend...great to do some serious singing, but in a relaxed way. Hope I can come again’
‘As one of the participants at the first TKM singing weekend, I can genuinely recommend it to any singers with a reasonable level of experience. The location was comfortable and atmospheric, the music was challenging but fun and I felt a real sense of achievement at the end. We were introduced to new music for most of us, together with its history, and had the opportunity to sing with a like-minded group with the guidance of Tim Knight who has a real ability to get the best out of singers, even those of us who lacked confidence. I look forward to the next TKM event.’
More reviews can be found below ... If you have any queries about our events, please just get in touch.
- Fri, 21 JulWydale Hall, Brompton-by-SawdonThis event is now full, however, we may be able to release additional places based on people sharing or availability at the venue. Please email us at email@example.com to tell us your requirements and to join our reserve list.
- Wed, 26 JulMusic House (concert venue different)Join us to sing some choral classics over the summer culminating in a concert for one of our wonderful local Leeds charities, Take Heart, the charity for the Yorkshire Heart Centre.
- Sat, 09 SeptSt Andrew's Church, Starbeck, HarrogateCome and Sing this classic choral work in the wonderful Grade II Listed St Andrew's Church at Starbeck near Harrogate
- Fri, 06 OctFoxhill House and Woodlands, FrodshamFoxhill is an absolute gem of a retreat house in Cheshire which we are so looking forward to visiting, exploring the grounds and maze and singing in their delightful light and airy Chapel!
- Sat, 04 NovChanning Hall, Sheffield City CentreThis is the event that was due to take place on 3rd June but has had to be rescheduled due to the effect of the rail strike on bookings. We hope you can make this new date!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
'It was a pleasure to invite Tim to speak at our Conference in Blackburn on 17th October.
We expected to hear an informed and coherent presentation from a speaker who obviously knows his subject very well and able to deliver it with flair and an abundance of Yorkshire whit. The warm up and cool down techniques taught were useful to choristers present. His approach to conducting was informative to several Musical Directors present too. A total joy to have a person so immersed in his subject that his enthusiasm is infectious. We will have the pleasure of hearing him again in Kendal when we hold the 2022 conference at the Castle Green Hotel 1-3rd April.'
Clive Lawton, Conference Co-ordinator, National Association of Choirs